Lately I have noticed a bit of a trend toward goal-making. I love this concept of putting down on paper (or shouting from the rooftop, so to speak) what one plans on accomplishing within a certain time period. As I was reading many admirable lists that others made for themselves it became increasingly obvious that I am not in this goal getter zone. Normally at this time of year I would be planning what needs to be in order before summer arrives but this year feels different. Why am I not chomping at the bit this Spring to get myself making lists and putting my plans into action?
Here is my list as to why I have not prioritized my life from sun up to sun down each and every day this month.
- I am a whimsical sort of person. I will drop everything if I come up with a more interesting plan. Yes, my Gemini spirit is rather dominant.
- Lately I feel confined by lists.
- There are so many great things to do in the Spring! How can I possibly list them all?
- I have just started back to work (landscaping/gardening) and am aware that by the end of each day I will be moving as though I am wearing a suit of armour. It is temporary until I get back into the swing of things and my body remembers what it is supposed to do. Let’s just get through each day still smiling, shall we?
- Day to-day stuff like meals and laundry just has to be taken care of, list or no list.
Included in my Plan of Attack (this is as organized as I am going to get at the moment. In two weeks I will probably be organized to a “t”. I normally like the structure of goals and lists but for now I am going to forego this need to plan everything):
- My intention is to live each day to the fullest.
- Laugh every day until I either cry or my stomach hurts from laughing so hard.
- Enjoy my time with friends and family.
- Dance like no one is watching…a lot!
- Feed my Soul and my body with goodness.
So in the spirit of the riotous behaviour beginning outside in the garden at the moment, I too shall be full of whimsy and delight in the energy of renewal that blows in on the Spring winds. With a dash of sass, of course.
“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius